楼主#更多 发布于：2021-01-27 20:34
2、Define the following terms.
4) phatic communion
6) speech synthesis
7) complementary antonym
8) authorial style
10) non-nature meaning
3、Fill in the blanks.
（题后红色数字为该题所在 胡壮麟《语言学教程》英文版第三版 的页数，方便亲们查阅）
1) In the 1980s, Chomsky’s TG Grammar entered the ______ period pf development with the theory of GOVERNMENT AND BINDING. 337
2) MT can be represented from two perspectives, one being from the application of linguistic theories, another from what has been naturally practiced by ______ researchers. 249
3) There exist three approaches to the study of language and cognition: the formal approach, the psychological approach and the ______ approach. 129
4) loan translation, also called ______, is a type of borrowing, in which each morpheme or word is translated in the equivalent morpheme or word in another language. 77
5) Another word for the figurative use of language for a rhetorical purpose is ______. 213
6) Firth, Malinowski and Halliday all stressed the importance of context of situation and the ______ aspect of language. 301
7) Harris’s methods in structural linguistics is generally taken as marking the maturity of ______ descriptive linguistics. 322
8) ______ are made with the back of the tongue and the soft palate while uvulars are made with the back of the tongue and the uvula. 32
9) According to Halliday, of the various speech roles, two are the most basic: giving and talking. In interpersonal communications, the commodities exchanged can also fall into two kinds: goods-and-services and information. Thus, speech roles and commodities exchanged make up four principle speech roles: offer, _______, statement, and question. 314
4、Explain the following statement with examples where necessary.
1) Language has ideational, interpersonal and textual function.
2) Suprasegmental features are those aspects of speech that involve more than single sound segments.
3) Endocentric construction is one whose distribution is functionally equivalent to that of one or more of its constituents.
5、Answer the following questions with examples where necessary.
1) What does “recursiveness” of language means in grammar?
2) What is the relationship between language and culture?
3) Why is corpus data important to the study of language?